SUNDAY WORSHIP SERVICE
Sunday, 10am, Princeton University Chapel
Join us each Sunday for worship in the University Chapel, led by the dean and the associate dean of religious life and of the chapel, that draws students, faculty, staff, and townspeople together to hear God’s word, to sing God’s praise, to lift up the University in prayer. Each season, marvelous guest preachers are invited to preach in the chapel as well. We hope you can join us!
The bulletin for this service is below.
Order of Worship for Summer Sundays at the Princeton University Chapel
*You are invited to rise, in body or spirit, for those parts of the service marked with an asterisk.
*Call to Worship - For summer graces, for worship music, for beaches and mountains and flowers, for prayers asked and answered, for a sense of peace, and a sense of hope: for all these things we give thanks and worship the One who gives them to us. (Written by Beth Merrill Neel)
Prayers of the People - God of love and mercy - Hear our prayer.
One - Most merciful Creator, you are father and mother to us, strength and shield; we pray to you in the words our Savior Christ has taught us:
Lord’s Prayer - Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation but deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.
*Exchange of the Peace - The peace of God be always with you. - And also with you.
*Doxology - Praise God from whom all blessings flow, praise God all creatures here below, praise God above ye heavenly hosts, Creator, Christ, and Holy Ghost.
*Communion (Celebrated on the first Sunday of the month.)
*Prayer for Princeton - O Eternal God, the source of life and light for all peoples, we pray you would endow this University with your grace and wisdom - give inspiration and understanding to those who teach and to those who learn; grant vision to its trustees and administrators; to all who work here and to all who bear her name give your guiding Spirit of sacrificial courage and loving service. Amen.
University Chapel Staff - The Rev. Alison L. Boden, Ph.D., Dean of Religious Life and of the Chapel; The Rev. Dr. Theresa S. Thames, Associate Dean of Religious Life and of the Chapel; Wesley Rowell, Summer Liturgist; Nicole Aldrich, Director of Chapel Music and of the Chapel Choir; Eric Plutz, University Organist; Elizabeth Powers, Chapel Administrator; Edgar Gomez, Sexton; Lisa McGurr, Sexton
The University Chapel is a welcoming community of faith. We gather to sing God's praises, to hear God's living Word, to seek justice, and to proclaim God's love for all people.
Calendar of Events
Please note, the Worship Service begins at 10am during the summer months and the first Sunday of every month is a service of Holy Communion. All events are in the University Chapel unless otherwise stated. For more information, please visit chapel.princeton.edu or call 609-258-3047.
- Sunday, June 5 - Enger Muteteke, Resource Director, Greater NJ Conference, United Methodist Church
- Sunday, June 12 - Donna Owusu-Ansah, Founder & Creative Director, Inspiring Creativity Ministries
- Sunday, June 19 - Shannon Daley-Harris, Author, Child Advocate, and Retreat Leader, Princeton, NJ
- Sunday, June 26 - Jimeka Jones Setzer, Pastor, National Community Church, Lincoln Theater Campus, Washington D.C.
- Sunday, July 3 - Theresa S. Thames, Associate Dean of Religious Life & the Chapel, Princeton University
- Sunday, July 10 - Kevin VanHook, II, Executive Director for Episcopal Charities of New York
- Sunday, July 17 - Corrie Berg, Director of Educational Ministries, Nassau Presbyterian Church
- Sunday, July 24 - Wesley Rowell, 2022 Summer Princeton Chapel Liturgist, M.Div. Candidate, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Sunday, July 31 - Rev. Dr. Lindsey Jodrey, Associate Director of Digital Learning, Princeton Theological Seminary
- Sunday, August 7 - Kate Mackereth Fulton, (Incoming) Pastor of Trinity United, Methodist Church, Germantown, MD
- Sunday, August 14 - Catherine E. Williams, Lancaster Theological Seminary, Assistant Professor of Preaching and Worship, Director of Chapel Worship
- Sunday, August 21 - Phoebe Quaynor, Mt. Nittany United Methodist Church, State College, PA
- Sunday, August 28 - Otis Byrd, Jr., Office of Religious Life Intern ‘21–’22 M.Div. Candidate, Princeton Theological Seminary