Why Chapel Choir?
Here's a taste of what makes Chapel Choir special:
- No arch is comparable to the Chapel. And we sing in it every week.
- Be a professional singer, for $8.60/hour. That's right, every member of the Choir is paid to sing!
- Music mandatory, religion optional. Regardless of your religious and spiritual beliefs, you're always welcome in the Choir.
Sign up for an audition
Auditions for the upcoming Fall 2018 semester will be held from Monday, September 10 until Saturday, September.15, in the Chapel Crypt.
Follow these steps to sign up for your audition online:
- Click on this link →
- Click on the 'Log in' button if prompted
- Click on a suitable day and select a time by clicking the '+' symbol
- Enter your details and click on the 'Save' button to confirm your audition appointment
If you can't make any of the remaining open audition slots available on the calendar, please contact our director, Penna Rose (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What to expect
Your audition will be conducted by our director, Penna Rose, who will keep it as stress-free as possible. Here's a rundown of what she'll ask you to do:
- Sing a prepared piece. This can be anything from Schubert to Sia, to Steely Dan, to the Star-Spangled Banner. Pick a piece you know well, so that you can demonstrate your vocal abilities! Please bring the accompaniment score if you have it.
- Sightread. Sightreading is an essential tool in the arsenal of any Chapel Choir singer, and you'll need this skill to keep up!
- Pitch memory. You'll be asked to sing a few notes after they are played for you, just to make sure that your musical ear is good.
During the academic year, Chapel Choir rehearses every Tuesday and Thursday, 5:00pm-6:30pm, and performs for each Sunday service at 11:00am-12:15pm, with the odd rehearsal or performance scheduled outside of these times on special occasions. We perform a major concert (and our music is recorded) once per semester and in early 2019 we will be going on tour to Morocco during intercession!
Here are a few ways you can find out more about Chapel Choir:
- Come to the Crumpets in the Crypt reception at 3:30pm-4:30pm on Tuesday, September 11 in the Chapel Crypt.
- Attend the Open Rehearsal at 5:00pm-6:30pm on Tuesday, September 11 in the Chapel Crypt.
- Listen to our past performances. Selected recordings →
- Get in touch with Penna Rose, our director, or Sam Duffey, our president. Contact details →